Punta Gorda Isles Waterfront Homes for Sale
Punta Gorda Isles Homes for Sale. A True Punta Gorda Waterfront Experience.
Punta Gorda waterfront and communities are highly desirable. Punta Gorda Isles homes for sale offer deed-restricted access for buyers seeking the lifestyle associated with living on the water. Nearly all of the Punta Gorda homes for sale and lots are situated on wide saltwater canals (at least 100 feet wide) and offer excellent Sailboat access to Charlotte Harbor and the Gulf of Mexico.
Charlotte Harbor is fed with fresh water from the Myakka River on its northwest corner and the Peace River on its northeast corner. This provides Punta Gorda Isles homes that have a love for boating with a variety of different waterways to explore. Because of the rivers feeding into the harbor, the waters fluctuate from fresh to brackish to salty, which creates a system that supports more than 300 different species of fish, making this place a fisherman’s dream!
The City’s Canal Maintenance Program maintains the concrete seawalls and canals for buyers seeking Punta Gorda Isles homes for sale, which can be a huge benefit to Punta Gorda waterfront seekers. The City also keeps the canals dredged for continuous good boating access. Find more information on Punta Gorda real estate listings here.
Punta Gorda Isles Homes for Sale | Waterfront Lot Sites
This area offers many different size lots along its almost 60 miles of canals, each with a different shape. As with any community, location defines demand. Lots here with broad water views and those with the greatest amount of seawall frontage demand the highest prices. There are essentially eight different types of lot shapes for buyers searching for Punta Gorda Isles homes for sale and demand Punta Gorda waterfront location. The canal waterfront lot shapes and sizes are categorized as follows:
- Tip Lot – Generally provides 160 to 180 feet of water frontage and broad views of intersecting canals, offering some of the best water views.
- Key Lot – Generally provides 140 feet of water frontage allowing for significant water views.
- Cul-De-Sac Lot – Generally provides 100 feet of water frontage on beautiful saltwater canals.
- Standard Lot – Generally provides 80 feet of water and road frontage with side lengths of 120 feet.
- End Lot – Generally provides around 65 feet of saltwater canal water frontage.
- Butt Lot – Generally provides from 50 to 60 feet of water frontage towards the end of the saltwater canal.
- Corner Lot – Generally provides only 30 to 40 feet of water frontage, but offers long road frontage.
- Nonstandard Lot – Odd shaped lots not fitting any of the above descriptions.
Knowing about the different types of Punta Gorda waterfront Florida properties available and Punta Gorda Isles homes for sale will make it easier to find the perfect property or lot with the lifestyle that you are looking for.