Punta Gorda Events – Weekend of March 23-24, 2013
This Weekend’s Punta Gorda Events
Punta Gorda has a lot of great events planned for this weekend. Here’s a list we compiled to help you figure out what to do this weekend in Punta Gorda!
1. M.Y. Promotions Spring Arts & Crafts Show: This arts and crafts show will be held on Saturday, March 23 from 10 AM – 5 PM and Sunday, March 24 from 10 AM – 4 PM in Gilchrist Park in Punta Gorda. M.Y. Promotions is hosting this show and vendors with a variety of handmade goods will be on hand to sell their wares. Food and drink will be available from various vendors on location. M.Y. Promotions’ website says that there may be a live animal from Lions, Tigers, and Bears, Inc. at the event to raise awareness about the scarcity of endangered animals.
2. 2013 Florida International Air Show: Gates open at 9 AM on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend at the International Air Show in Punta Gorda. Feats of aviational expertise will be displayed throughout the two day Punta Gorda event. Plane and helicopter rides are available. Plan to bring cash; an ATM will be available. Five Star Realty will be in the International Tent, helping air show attendees register for the local restaurant gift card drawing and place a pin on the world map to show their hometown. Hope to see you there!
3. The Ponce de Leon Festival: This weekend at Laishley Park in Punta Gorda, watch the landing of Ponce de Leon’s conquistadors at 10:30 AM. Live music and activities for the kids round out this historic festival, celebrating 500 years since Ponce puportedly made landfall in Charlotte Harbor.
4. 2nd Annual Punta Gorda Historical Society Easter Egg Hunt: If you have young children or grandchildren itching to start egg hunting this spring, try the Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by the Punta Gorda Historical Society. From the Punta Gorda Historical Society website, “To thank the public for all their support of the Punta Gorda Historical Society, an Easter Egg Hunt will be held at the Punta Gorda History Park, 501 Shreve Street, on Saturday, March 23rd beginning at 10:00 am. This event is for children from 1 to 10 years of age. Participants will need to bring a basket for hunting eggs. Find the special egg and win a prize. Come enjoy a free, fun-filled family event in a lovely and educational setting. Call 941-639-1887 for more information.”
5. Easter Bone Hunt: For those of you with dogs that love a good social outing, try the 5th Annual Easter Bone Hunt sponsored by Salty Paws in Fishermen’s Village. Proceeds from the event will benefit local nonprofit animal rescues. Your pooch can search for over 700 easter bones, take pictures with the Easter Bunny, and participate in the Best Easter Outfit Contest or Most Rabbit Like Ears contest.
6. Five Star Realty Homes Tour: We have 8 open houses planned for this weekend. See our list here http://on.fb.me/WaaD4v and like our Facebook page while you’re at it!